problem with outsync

May 22, 2010 at 8:18 AM

Hi,

When i try to run it, it gives me an error: Outsync has encountered an error and needs to close.....

What do i need to do to fix this problem? Please help

Thanks in advance,

Ranjit

Coordinator
May 24, 2010 at 5:46 PM

Hello Ranjit:

Before we can beging to debug your environment and issues, we need a lot more information.

1. What operating system do you have?  32bit or 64bit?
  2. What version of Office?
  3. Are you using the MSI installer, or are you attempting to use the source code?
  4. Did you have Outlook open or not when you started the application? (I always have my Outlook open)

Thanks,
-E

May 26, 2010 at 8:27 AM

Hi,

I have the same problem here.

Replies to your questions:

1. Windows XP SP2 in a corporate environment (I have administrator rights with some limitation)

2. MS Office 2003 SP3

3. I installed Outsync using the msi installer

4. Outlook was open during the test.

to add some more information to reach Internet I am using a proxy with an auto-configuration script and I need to enter a login/password.

Regards,

Stephane

Coordinator
May 26, 2010 at 4:05 PM

Proxy eh?

This application uses the Facebook .NET API.  I would have to dig into their API to see what connection type they use. 

But, I would place a bet to say that it does not support proxy connections (Facebook tends to do their own one-offs).

I'll have my server back online in a few weeks.  Then I'll be able to load up some VMs and test.

At this time, I would suggest trying on a different machine without a proxy.

May 31, 2010 at 11:31 PM

Same issue without proxy

1. Windows 7 64 

2. MS Office 2010 beta

3. I installed Outsync using the msi installer

4. Outlook was open during the test.

Coordinator
Jun 1, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Looks like I need to add some debug logging, so we know what the error is.  :)

The source is available for anyone that wants to add it to see what error is being generated at this moment.  When I have a break at work, I'll add it in.

-E

Jun 1, 2010 at 10:01 AM
Edited Jun 1, 2010 at 10:06 AM

Windows 2005 SP3
Outlook 2003 SP3
OutSync v1.0.100.0

OutSync has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.

An unhandled exception of type 'System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException' occurred in PresentationFramework.dll

Additional information: Cannot create instance of 'MainWindow' defined in assembly 'OutSync, Version=1.0.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.  Error in markup file 'OutSync;component/MainWindow.xaml'.

'OutSync.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\mscorlib\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\mscorlib.dll', No symbols loaded.
'OutSync.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Programs\Internet\OutSync\OutSync.exe', No symbols loaded.
'OutSync.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\PresentationFramework\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\PresentationFramework.dll', No symbols loaded.
'OutSync.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\WindowsBase\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\WindowsBase.dll', No symbols loaded.
'OutSync.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System\2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.dll', No symbols loaded.
'OutSync.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\assembly\GAC_32\PresentationCore\3.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35\PresentationCore.dll', No symbols loaded.
'OutSync.exe' (Managed): Loaded 'C:\Programs\Internet\OutSync\facebook.dll', No symbols loaded.
An unhandled exception of type 'System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException' occurred in PresentationFramework.dll

Additional information: Cannot create instance of 'MainWindow' defined in assembly 'OutSync, Version=1.0.100.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.  Error in markup file 'OutSync;component/MainWindow.xaml'.

The program '[1704] OutSync.exe: Managed' has exited with code -532459699 (0xe0434f4d).